|Winner of the Learning® Magazine 2009 Teachers' ChoiceSM Award!|
Make core science concepts accessible to all students!
Early Science allows you to teach the same science concepts at 3 different levels of reading difficulty, so all students can access content at their "just right" level.
56 units organized in 10 Topic Sets cover a balance of Life, Earth, and Physical Science standards. Each Complete Unit includes:
- Help students learn the core science content they need to succeed on high-stakes tests.
- Teach content vocabulary and develop science concepts with explicit instruction.
- Support all students with a strong photo/text match, stunning photography, and engaging text.
- Build reading skills and confidence by matching children with appropriately leveled texts.
- 1 Instructional Big Book to introduce the content
- Preview and build background for the concepts that all students will encounter in their leveled texts.
- Model the behaviors children can use as they read independently.
- 3 Student Books 6-Packs for use with small groups—Now all students in your diverse classroom can master essential science content! Three versions of each title allow children to read at their appropriate level.
- 3 matching Audio Books to promote fluency, reinforce science concepts, and support English Language Learners.
- Set of 8 laminated Photo Cards with critical thinking skills and activities in both English and Spanish.
- Teacher's Guides with Science Activities: Complete support for large-group and differentiated reading.
- Instruction to improve comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency.
- Support for English-Language Learners.
- Hands-on science investigations, extension activities, and home/school connections.
- Easy-to-use reading rubric to assess students' proficiency.
- Blackline masters for data collection and performance assessment.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher's Guide sampler.
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card and book label for every title!
- A FREE Storage/Display Box with every Complete Unit purchase.
- Individualized Activities and Assessment: 128-page assessment book for use with any Early Science unit.
|Take a Look Inside Early Science!|
Compare the 3 Versions of a Student Book
Download a Free Teacher's Guide Sampler
Download a Free Individualized Activities and Assessment Sampler
Researched & Approved:
View the Early Science Research Report
"This is an outstanding product and with the current trend toward using more informational texts with students, it 'fits the bill' completely."
—Learning® Magazine 2009 Teachers' Choice Award Evaluation