|Bring nonfiction to life with Big Books that are aligned to Science and Social Studies standards!|
Discovery Links Nonfiction Big Books cover a variety of science and social studies topics, so young readers can learn valuable content as they improve their reading skills. Choose from 62 high-interest Big Books with easy-to-use Pocket Planner Teacher's Guides. Matching Student Books allow for additional practice through guided or independent reading. Plus, each leveled title features a book label and every Student Book 6-Pack includes a FREE Smart Word vocabulary card.
- Teach content that aligns with science and social studies standards.
- Develop content-area vocabulary students need to access informational texts.
- Support comprehension in the content areas with key reading strategies.
- Introduce essential concepts in a format more engaging than a textbook.
Our handy Pocket Planners give you everything you need to build literacy in science and social studies—conveniently stored in a pouch inside the back cover. Simply remove for lesson planning and teaching.
Discovery Links Nonfiction Big Books are part of the Newbridge Discovery Links® Program, which was developed under the guidance of Dr. Brenda Parkes, an internationally-recognized Early Literacy expert.
- Step-by-step lesson plans with guidance for before, during, and after reading.
- Additional support for English-Language Learners.
- Quick and easy suggestions for oral or written assessment.
|Classroom Teaching Tips!|
5 Practical Tips for Teaching with Nonfiction Big Books — based on classroom suggestions from Discovery Links Pocket Planners.
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Newbridge Big Books are guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way.
Return them to us at any time if they prove otherwise.
The Newbridge Discovery Links® Program also includes Discovery Links 2 Science and Discovery Links Social Studies.