|Winner of the Learning® Magazine 2012 Teachers’ ChoiceSM Award! Read the teacher reviews. |
Struggling readers get up close and personal with untamed creatures that range from ordinary to odd.
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful helps below-level readers build the nonfiction literacy skills they need to succeed while also delivering high-interest, standards-based Life Science content.
- 24 titles with individual teacher guides allow you to cover essential Reading and Science objectives in the same lesson.
- Engaging photos and fact bites about peculiar, yet fascinating, animals grab students’ interest and keep them focused on reading and learning.
- An E-Book version included with every 6-Pack purchase!
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card with every 6-Pack and book label on every title.
- Take a Closer Look! Download the Weird, Wild, and Wonderful Skills Matrix to learn more. (1 MB)
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful Student Books:
- Teach students how to use and understand nonfiction text features, such as tables of contents, labels, captions, diagrams, and more.
- Motivate readers with short captions, attention-grabbing layouts, and carefully leveled text.
- Encourage students to attend to important details and practice reading strategies with the “Remember This?” feature at the end of each book.
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful E-Books
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful Student Books are now available in E-Book format!
- Look Inside! Download an E-Book Sample. (4 MB)
- Purchase one-time-only, with 6-Packs
- Unlimited circulation throughout a building
- Device neutral: web-based, mobile-friendly, and iPad-compatible; perfect for interactive whiteboards
- Access at school or home, anywhere, anytime
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful Teacher Guides:
Handy teacher guides for each title make it easy to integrate literacy and Science instruction.
- Step-by-step lessons focus on important Reading and Science objectives.
- Support for English-Language Learners.
- 2 blackline masters for each title to review and assess key concepts.
- Look Inside! Download a FREE Teacher Guide Sampler.
|Take a Look Inside|
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful!
Take a brief tour of
Weird, Wild, and Wonderful.
Look inside a complimentary Teacher Guide sampler to see how easy it is to integrate literacy and Science instruction.
Download the Weird, Wild, and Wonderful Skills Matrix for the literacy and Science skills addressed by each title. (1 MB)
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.