|Help all students succeed with nonfiction leveled reading that is built around social studies standards.|
Discovery Links allows you to save time and helps all students access important information by incorporating social studies content into your reading curriculum. Organized by guided reading levels with a wide range of topics, these carefully leveled books give you the flexibility you need to customize your social studies curriculum.
Choose from 116 Student Books—ideal for small group reading. Includes Teacher's Guides and Assessment, plus a FREE Smart Word vocabulary card and book label for every leveled title.
- Teach a variety of text structures: description, cause and effect, problem-solution, sequence, and compare and contrast.
- Introduce nonfiction text features to prepare students for real-life reading: table of contents, headings, captions and labels, fact boxes, primary sources, quotations, glossary, and index.
- Support reading for meaning with strong visuals that include photos, illustrations, diagrams, graphs, maps, and line drawings.
"Newbridge Discovery Links provides teachers with a unique opportunity to incorporate the content areas into their guided and shared reading. Its comprehensive, leveled approach bridges content into reading allowing teachers to better prepare their students to meet the state standards."
—Karyl S. Beardon, K–12 Literacy Specialist, Little Rock, AR
Teacher's Guide for Each Title
Short, easy-to-scan, and easy-to-use Teacher's Guides give you everything you need to connect reading with social studies content standards.
- Clear identification of standards, text structures, and text features.
- Before, during, and after reading suggestions and support.
- Activities for reading and writing social studies and understanding nonfiction text features.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher's Guide sampler.
Helpful assessment guides for each developmental stage test a variety of skills.
Also Available: Discovery Links Teacher Resource Guide
- Reproducibles to assess comprehension of vocabulary, concepts, and nonfiction text features.
- Oral reading and retelling assessments.
- Observational reading checklists.
The perfect tool to help you implement Discovery Links in your school or district, the Teacher Resource Guide provides:
- Support for programmatic use of Discovery Links for core instruction.
- Suggested thematic organization for the leveled readers.
- Complete assessment for each theme. Download reproducible tests for your classroom:
Discovery Links Developmental Stages (Emergent, Early, Fluent, Fluent Plus, Intermediate Plus) give you the comprehensive program you need to help your students become successful readers of informational text. Choose from a wide range of books and reading levels to match your students' skills and interests.
Spanish editions are also available for all Emergent, Early, and Fluent titles!
Click through each of these Discovery Links levels below for details.
|Take a Look Inside|
Discovery Links Social Studies!
Download a Free Teacher's Guide Sampler
See Student Book Pages!
Click through each level below to view sample Emergent, Early, Fluent, Fluent Plus, and Intermediate Plus level pages.
Researched & Approved:
View the Discovery Links Social Studies Research Report
Discovery Links Social Studies is part of the Newbridge Discovery Links® Program, which was developed under the guidance of Dr. Brenda Parkes, an internationally-recognized Early Literacy expert.
Newbridge Discovery Links Program also includes:
Discovery Links 2 Science
Discovery Links Nonfiction Big Books