|Our Best-Selling ELA/Science Program Just Got Better!|
Aligned to the CCSS and the NGSS
Newbridge Discovery Links offers the opportunity to integrate standards-based Science content into your Literacy Block, maximizing your teaching time and helping you meet ELA and Science State Standards.
This program of 228 Leveled Readers, each with a corresponding Lesson Plan, provides systematic instruction that gives you the flexibility to meet the needs, interests, and skill levels of your diverse classroom.
- EMPOWER students to become successful informational text readers.
- USE Close Reading strategies to support students in answering evidence-based questions at increasingly difficult levels of text complexity.
- ENGAGE students with Science activities that relate to and enhance the Student Book content.
- ORGANIZE by Guided Reading Level to make differentiation easy and by NGSS strand to focus on key Science ideas..
Lesson Plans for Each Title
Short, easy-to-scan, and easy-to-use Lesson Plans give you everything you need to connect reading with science content standards.
- Differentiate instruction with Close Reading for whole class, small group, and independent reading settings.
- Mini-lessons target specific comprehension skills to meet the lesson's reading objective.
- Science Activities, with step-by-step instructions, show how to organize the class, prepare for the activity, and timing suggestions..
- ELA and Science Blackline Masters include graphic organizers, written responses, and hands-on activities for comprehension and assessment.
- Open-ended Science Activities encourage students to use their inquiry skills and practice planning and executing investigations, essential to meeting the NGSS.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Lesson Plan sampler.
Monitor progress with effective support for formative assessment.
- Measure individual, small group, and whole class performance.
- Track success in literacy and science process skills.
Discovery Links Science gives you the comprehensive program you need to help your students become successful readers of informational text. Choose from a wide range of books and reading levels to match your students' skills and interests.
- 228 Student Books, Available in Print and E-Books
- Organized by Guided Reading Levels A-V, and by Life, Earth, Physical Science, and Engineering Design Strands
Spanish editions are also available for 87 selected titles!
Click on the Grade Level and Strand Sets below and look for titles marked with Spanish EDLs.
|Take a Look Inside|
Discovery Links Science!Download a Free Lesson Plan Sampler
Download the Discovery Links Skills Matrix for the literacy and Science skills addressed by each title.
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Discovery Links Science is part of the Newbridge Discovery Links« Program, which was developed under the guidance of Dr. Brenda Parkes, an internationally-recognized Early Literacy expert.
Newbridge Discovery Links Program also includes:
Discovery Links Social Studies
Discovery Links Nonfiction Big Books